Friday, October 31, 2008

Thank you for recommending me for a "The Knot" pick of the year!

I don't know who voted me for being one of the picks for "The Best of The Knot" but thank you! I don't know if I actually get featured in a magazine or not (Knot...je je je...) or if I was just nominated. I have to call up and find out what the details are but I wanted to express Many Thanks to all my clients this last year and everyone in Ohio that supported me and my work. It is really tough starting your own business and I feel proud that I was able to start up a business in Ohio within three years and not have any contacts there or family to help me out. I did, however, have ONE contact that sent me my first wedding before I moved to Ohio and that was Todd Roeth. I have to thank him for sending me Cara and BJ and then Molly and Mike. Other than that I ran my little tush around Dayton, Cincinnati and Columbus to create connections and work. I know I received referrals from some photographers in the area that I met along the way including, Tracy Abston, Sandra Reed, Ron Baker, Tony Arrasmith, Todd Joyce, Kat's Eye Photography and perhaps others and I thank you! There were also some vendors like Amy of Unique Designs Florist and The Flowerman. Also the bridal gown store owner, Laura, of Laura's Touch.

I was very sad to leave my business in Ohio just as it was starting to fly on it's own. I cried and cried. I do want everyone to know that I do plan on continuing to photograph weddings though I am changing a few things around so that I photograph fewer weddings throughout the year and hope to photograph in Europe where I am now.

Again, I just wanted to express my sincere thanks to all of you in Ohio and beyond!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Congrats hun...you deserve the recognition!

Anonymous said...

hey brit. i am so happy for you and proud of you! you rock!
steph

PicturesByTracy said...

I agree...you deserve it! I wish you best Brit.I know that your going to be just as successful (if not more) than you was here in Ohio.