Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Darlington and Emmanuella

 D and Emma were married a little over a week ago here in the USA but they had another wedding in Nigeria a year ago.  They are from neighboring communities, though Emma has been here for a long time in the USA.  Not that that all really matters but you'll notice from their outfits that there's a different culture involved here:)  They are Igbo from Nigeria.  This was my first Nigerian wedding so I really enjoyed it!  Of course, being the official wedding voyeur that I am (I even get paid to be at weddings...), I had so much fun watching and learning about all the customs in a Nigerian wedding.   I would love to photograph another! 

Emma and D are really nice people (like all my clients of course!) and we had done their wedding photography during the day in their traditional white dress and tux outfits and then at the end of the night they came out in these clothes so I asked them if they wanted to do another shoot in their traditional wedding attire and they said yes.  I'm so glad!  I think these outfits are so beautiful!!! 

Anyhow, I'm still a lover of the light at the end of the day and black and whites!  I also love the filters at the bottom of the series for the fun of playing with color.  I also love the natural moment caught in between me telling them to do things or simply walking together.   The photos with the columns I think are gorgeous and their outfits warrant a regal location.














No comments: